Sunday, August 10, 2008

When I was a child...

... by the way, I still am childish about some things; but I am straying. I liked photography a lot.

I got my first camera when I was 7 years old; one of those ugly K0dak cameras that used a 126 cartridge (not longer in existence, I believe). I also got a book on photography and I used to read and re-read it; until I learned most of what was there to learn. I never really got the hang of it; until my last year in Guadalajara, when I had the opportunity to use one very old Nik0n camera which had the same capabilities of a SLR camera, without being exactly an SLR (I do not know to this date how to call that camera, but you could change most of the settings; the only drawback was that you had to use the view finder, not the mirror). Until I bought an SLR camera (a Min0lta) for Vicky's photography lessons in high school I had not used a GOOD camera before. And of course with the digital cameras now available for "peanuts" I had to learn how to use one of those.

Anyway, we took more than 750 pictures during the last two weeks, and I had spend the "free" time I had today organizing them in some albums. Here is a sampler.

Sightseeing

Eating

I will also post the family pictures, but I will keep them private; if you want to see them, send me an email and I will answer back with the password.

See you around

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah, sightseeing and eating; how much more perfect can it get?
"Tortas Lupitos"!!! Love that one.

J.A. said...

It was great; I gained a lot of weight during the vacation. Now I have to work harder to shed it off.

The big news about Lupito is that the owner (in the picture) used to ride a bicycle with a BIG bread basket and the tortas there; his daughter went ahead and created a franchise now. The secret ingredients are the sauce and the mayonaisse. Bonita complained at first and then she ate two tortas!