Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting back to the saddle.

Well, the weekend was full of those moments that make life so interesting. After not getting enough sleep Friday night, we were (rudely I would say) waked up by my mother-in-law at 6:00 am, when she arrived at my house to give her car a wash. After several annoying noises I finally got up and asked her politely to keep it quiet. She was embarrassed but not enough to stop completely. My wife and I started laughing after that, because we could have made such a big problem out of that, it was just not worth it.

After Vicky’s comments (and all other comments that followed!) we were expecting her to be mad at us. We knew she was upset when she commented, but for her it was a way to vent her frustration; so she was back to her normal charming self. My wife wanted to have breakfast with her, but schedules prevented that (Mediana’s rehearsal, Pinka’s medical appointment and Vicky having to go to work).

We left the house, took care of the kid’s activities and left to US for some shopping. Pinka’s birthday party is coming and Sunday was full of celebrations (Father’s Day, my sister-in-law Flor and my wife’s friend Salvaje’s birthdays) so we needed to get some things before we run out of time.

We left Mediana and Pinka in Tijuana, they did not want to go shopping (what a surprise!) and it was just Bonita and me. We talked, a lot. About Vicky, empathy, getting offended and life in general. It was really deep conversation and we had a great time.

When we came back, Vicky and Bonita went out to have lunch and talk. I stayed home, ordered some sushi for me. My brother and his family arrived and my niece Patita was in her “I like my uncle” state which is so good. We talked and waited 20 minutes for everybody else to get back. Patita and Joseantoñito love Mediana, so when they saw her their faces beamed and they ran to give her a hug. They stayed for a while at the same time we were preparing for a round of “Continental” with my in-laws. We played, had a good time; and at the end of the game, Vicky said to my wife “ok, let’s finish this and start again in a blank slate”.

So, yes. Vicky and Bonita (me too) are leaving bad feelings behind (where they should be) and looking forward to improve their relationship (and all relationships they have by extension). So it was a great way to finish Saturday.

See you around.

No comments: