Friday, July 4, 2008

Vacation time.

I have my daughters at work today; being 4th of July and working for an American company with (mostly) US based customers mean today is a very quiet day.

There had not been any phone call or e-mail. Basically I am sitting here, finishing some reports and some information people have requested for next week, so it is going pretty good. After a week where I was somehow stressed (work related) this is peaceful. I found out why I was being restless and why I got drunk last Sunday! Several reasons, many of them good and one of them that was the trigger (the stress!); then, if I can not say I will never do it again, at least I know what is going on (you know I am a control freak).

I will cut my day at work short and take the kids to the movies (Kung Fu Panda, anyone?). Go back home early and maybe read a little; I have not advance in two of the books I am reading, I got hooked back into Discworld and I am re-reading several of the books (Night Watch and Death series); but maybe I will continue with “The Viscount of Bragalonne” and “The Historian”. I also have pending adding books to my Goodreads account (I counted 234 books in my bedroom I have not catalogued, and I am still missing the hall bookcases and the kid’s bedroom). I have so many pending things to do that I am starting to feel bad about it (not enough to DO something about it, just feel it by now).

What is the reason why procrastinating is so easy? I am good at it (ask my wife), which sometimes does not bode well for my relationship’s wellbeing. At least I feel like something will be done later rather than sooner.

Tonight we will have dinner with friends, we expect a good time; is better to know is Friday and tomorrow we will not have to wake up early.

See you around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo, a quiet 4th here. big storms and lightning cancelled the fireworks; mother nature puts on such a better show.

but...no wakey wakey late. up and about at 6:30 am...after being up at 2 am, and 5 am trying to settle someone in...bad dreams you know. aaah, the joy of fatherhood. have fun this weekend; say hi and give hugs to our friends.

J.A. said...

Sorry to hear that; I know the way it is...

we had a great time, 5 hours that went REALLY fast; they had to ask us out of the restaurant because it was almost one hour past their closing time!

Have a great weekend, and enjoy!