Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Careful of what you wish for...

Yesterday, when contemplating the lack of “heavy issues” in my posts I decided not to care about it and go with the flow; “There will be a time, when I feel bad/sad/depressed/angry/etc. and then I will write about it”.

As the saying goes… “careful what you wish for, you may get it”.

Last night, I had (what for me was) a in-fun discussion with my wife. She complained that I try always (big word here!) to be right; and always (same word!) to be first, to win, never to lose. I thought she was not serious, but this morning; she was really pissed about it, she was lashing at me because of that; I let it go, since I did not want to get into a discussion that I know it won’t get anywhere. I wasn’t happy, but avoided temporarily a discussion with my wife (the results of discussions with my wife, when we cannot agree to something is that we stop talking to each other for several hours or sometimes days; not a good result). I knew I would pay (because that is the other part of it; she feels like I am hurting her on purpose and start doing things to bother me, she is partially right and partially successful).

I come to work and then the day starts unraveling. There is a shipment we can not make today and is a new customer (need to keep the good impression), there is a list of products that seems like we will not finish on time (we will be short in the monthly target for shipments), there is an audit from our sister factory in California (they want to be here tomorrow, in freaking quarter/month end!!), there is a complaint from corporate regarding materials, etc.

My wife calls me next; I have not gotten the SENTRI sticker for the minivan (we got it in December; so it is 6 MONTHS ALREADY!!); so we start discussing for that, and because of yesterday’s discussion she can not see the marvelous person I am!! She only sees the irritating things that I do (like procrastinating, spending too much time in the computer [she might be into something here!], spending too little time with the kids, not putting down the toilet seat and pressing the toothpaste at the middle ;^)).

It is 9:45 am; I hope that if I write this, it will stop here and prevent any escalation to full war with my wife.

Let’s see if I am successful. I will be posting additional comments as soon as I can.

P.S. She just called me to tell me she now feels better, so this should be working!!

No comments: