Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Resignation

OK, I got to hand it to my wife. When I think she can not surprise me, there she goes again. We are OK. Which gave me time to focus on my work.

Seems like nothing can be done at this moment. We are going to achieve only 60 to 70% of the targets we had for this month; for the quarter we will be at 85% (approx). All of it will not give us a pass, we will fail. Not good. We can blame it on whatever we want, we are failing. Our bosses will not be happy.

Then, since nothing else can be done, I've decided to take it lightly; I started to look for some information and got sidetracked by what I found in today's news. I went further and remembered the controversy caused by the Memin Pinguin stamps for the Mexican post; I still do not understand the sensitivity of these themes for Americans. Maybe (s)wine can help me here.

But me, I can tell you that the last time I went to our California factory, one of the Quality Engineers there (female), told me that if I were to work in US, I would get fired for the comment I made of her (regarding the aggressivity she was demonstrating towards the employees from Tijuana and explaining it that the reason behind it was that she was a woman; I know what you will say, and you are right, but I was already pissed at her, she deserved that!).

So now, my wife is also right; I can be an insensitive bastard sometimes (even though she would not say bastard, she would use a Mexican insult [like cabron or pendejo]). The good thing is that I know this and can change (for her).

See you around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the memin penguin thing is a cultural thing w/people in the states. i understand sensitivity here, but i don't understand why it's imposed on other countries or cultures, which have had nothing to do w/the way afro-americans have been treated in the united states.

the rachael ray ad is absolutely preposterous. it demonstrates the recent paranoia and political correctness which has been pervasive in this country for decades, but especially since 9/11/01. frankly, this kind of knee-jerk reaction, ESPECIALLY FROM michelle malkin--a conservative commentator on Fox News who always spews nothing but rubbish, is what is pushing me to eventually leave this country and settle somewhere else (have to wait for my 4 yr. old to grow up a bit, first).

i hope they at least paid rachael ray for the spot. and by the way, i never patronize Dunkin Donuts.

J.A. said...

Thank you swine; and if you decide to move to TJ you will be well received.

I think that when political "correctness" starts getting in the way to say people something is wrong is time to get rid of it.

In Mexico we have our share of it; since for many people here is almost impossible to call you names or tell you something directly, even jokingly; if you do, you will be labeled as rude (which is a BIG thing here!).