Thursday, May 15, 2008

Looking up to the weekend

After I forgot to do something for my wife this morning (put some gas on the van and some money in her wallet, don't be naughty!), I am at work. I have visitors today but I feel drained, with no energy.


I woke up at 5:15 this morning (20 minutes past my normal get-up time) and did not prepare breakfast for my daughters (no school today! hooray for them!); had a discussion/conversation with my wife and my eldest daughter (Vicky) about a prescription she got from a "miraculous" doctor that will help her control her weight. In order to do that she has to take some pills. Mmmhhh.

The second alert goes when she mentions that are for "anxiety control"; so we spend around 10 minutes lecturing her why taking pills for ANYTHING (had I mentioned that as a family we prefer to use natural remedies instead of medication?) will only end bad for you, but if you take pills for "anxiety control", "depresion control", etc. then it will end VERY bad for you. We ended up the lecture with the: "but you know what you are doing, is you not us, and we will not decide for you". I think this is called parenting.

I step out of the house, start driving and 10 minutes later I remember I did not give money to my wife; call home and arrange the world long distance style (I am good at that). 10 more minutes go by and call again and this time my wife gets involved and complain that not only I forgot, I did not consider her opinion (that is true, all the previous arrangements were agreed with Vicky) for the plans. So, I am not to worry, she will take care of everything.

I feel useless. And I have visitors. And I do not want to "entertain" any people now. Let's see what happens next.

See you later (today).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin up. Maybe the guests will lift both of your spirits. Maybe they will just leave quickly.

Or maybe they will stay too long, drink all your wine, make comments that are inappropriate, and you will hate them. In which case, you can at least be pleased that you are not them.

Or something. Silver lining and all that.

J.A. said...

Hahahahahaha;

That is definitively what I was looking for. Silver lining and all that.