Friday, May 9, 2008

For starters

If you are coming from the Spanish blog, you saw a thank you note to Will.

Will is a teacher in my daughter's school, and by a very interesting story that I am not going to tell at this moment... well, talking to him encouraged me enough to (finally!!!) start writing.

The original idea was to translate what was posted in Spanish to English (and viceversa). However... "el hombre propone..." (Mexican saying that offers caution against plans made by man).

I have found that it is easier to write in English than Spanish. The reason being that in my profesional career (20 years of it) English is THE "official" language. What can I do? I am already forgetting some of the Spanish words that I am so fond of.

In any case, I will be posting intermittently in both blogs (the Spanish is in here http://sinajuense.blogspot.com/) so feel free to switch between both (or if it bothers you enough, then complain about it in a comment; I will promise nothing at this time but my answers to your comment).

For today, I only wanted to mention that (for those of you that do not know) Sinaloa is a state in Western Mexico, in front of the tip of Baja California, next to the Gulf of Cortes (not of California!!! as many people call it); for years, people from there (and I am one of them) have suffered of having a very bad reputation because of... drug trafficking.

As usual, most of the people there has no relation with that activity, but generalizations are so easy to make...

And considering the current perception of safety in Tijuana... there I go.

See you around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST COMMENT! Yeah me!!!

Welcome to the blogging community. And yes, you are correct. Even I, with my very limited knowledge of Mexico, know about people from Sinaloa. :^)

However, I'm here for the long run - so, change those impressions!