Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Living Light

Now that there is a light version of almost everything, do you miss the full version of whatever?

I tend to be really introspective whenever I have the chance. Keeping up with this tendency (from yesterday) I was wondering if what I was writing was “too light”. Should I try for the serious stuff? Should I be worried about the state of things in the world? I decided I had to, and then wrote yesterday’s post. But, in any case, it was not enough for me. So I started thinking about what to write today. And I was still trying to decide the theme of today’s post when I got an email from Pily (good friend from Guajalajara times). She called last Friday, to say happy birthday and I shared with her my blog’s address, so she could read and kind of catch up with me. She told me in the email that I sounded really serious and unhappy (?) on the phone, but after reading the blog (in Spanish) she noticed that I was still the same joyful person she knew back then (phew!).

I am not serious then? I thought I should be!! But, in any case, why should I worry about trying to find a “serious” issue to write about? Let’s keep enjoying this writing, the main reason to write is to share, and if what I share at this moment is a laugh instead of a cry, well I just hope you (and I) enjoy it!!

See you around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

before Blogger ate my long comment I was saying that there are several reasons i like your site: you are friends with Will and Maria; you bring a different perspective for me, being in Mexico, your posts sound full of hope--which is something I seldom have in my life. And it's all right to go all "heavy" at times. We need doses of that. Write on!

J.A. said...

Thank you; of course, karma has already applied its rules and I feel pretty bad right now; I think I will write about it.