Thursday, May 29, 2008

Envy

I got an account in Goodreads (*). Now I am trying to create my booklist.

How did people find the time to do it? I feel compelled to list all the books that I have at home (regardless if I have read them or not), but a quick count gave me more than 1000 books (**).

I need to develop an easier way to do it.

See you around.

(*) Because I have been seeing the "advertising" in some friends' blogs.
(**) I feel a little bit like bragging here. I apologize in advance. You are free to bring me back to my normal self with your comments if you feel the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

k my envying you or not will derive completely from your list of books. So. It all depends. You know, because books are telling, somewhat. Some books - some that we have gotten as presents - I did not put on the list because I haven't read them and have no desire to, in a way, they don't feel like they are mine. And so. There you go. Once your books are on, we'll be able to say "However did you manage to get a copy of that?" or "bleargh!". Depending.

But no pressure, like.

J.A. said...

In my case I am envious of the way you were able to setup your account (I am finding some ways to accelerate this, but many of my books are in Spanish and I cannot find them in the site! aaarghhh!).

In any case, I think it will take around two weeks to have a good number of the books setup; I did find many of the paperbacks already there, just activate them for me.

Let's see how it goes; at least is interesting.

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! It was easy for me!

Maria spent ages, going through the bookshelves, listing every single book she had read. All I did was go through her books and then add them to my list (by giving them a score).

So, there you. Get someone else to put the books in for you. Much simpler!

Oh...

J.A. said...

hmmmm...

I have to ask some people in the house to participate more then!